VET ADVISORY GROUP MEETINGS
COMPACT Inc. facilitates Regional Advisory Group meetings for all stakeholders involved in the delivery of Vocational Education and Training (VET) and associated work placements for young people across the Riverina Murray. Meetings are held biannually in Albury, Deniliquin, Leeton, Griffith, Young, Wagga Wagga and Tumut.
Stakeholders include representatives from Government, Catholic and Independent schools, TAFE NSW, NSW Education – Senior Pathways, local Employers and Industry representatives.
VET Advisory Group meetings provide business and industry representatives with an opportunity to liaise directly with education providers. Industry involvement provides the opportunity to:
- Discuss recruitment and industry skills needs of employers
- Express ways to optimise the workplacement experience for both the employer and young person for mutual benefit
- Initiate other industry engagement opportunities and partnerships
Our experienced staff is available to speak at local industry meetings and forums to provide information about:
- How Business and Industry can engage better with Education
- Different ways for Business and Industry to fulfil Corporate Social Responsibility
- Cost effective recruitment strategies